Saturday 3 January 2015

Shabs, the 2015 version

It seams like wherever you go - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr - everyone is talking about 'new year new me'. Now this is a few days late, but seeming as everyone is posting their New Years resolutions I thought we best write something.

I (Abby) am not making New Years resolutions though, because I always break them. I'll go a couple of days and they be like, this was a stupid idea. In fact, the longest I've ever lasted was about six weeks, and that was a miracle. So this year, I have decided that I will make aims. Basically, instead of a resolution which seems to be broad, I will aim to do specific things.  Hopefully, this will suit me better, but I guess we will have to see just how that fairs up. 

1) pass my driving test
2) work my backside off and get my grades!
3) take time to do breathing exercises at least four times a week 
4) drink more water 
5) never take anyone or anything for granted

Additionally, I'm trying to be a nicer person, trying to smile and not hold petty grudges. Basically give everyone a clean slate and let Abby mark 2015 judge what mess they make. I'm trying not to stress out as I so commonly do, and take my time. Relish the moment! Thank the friends that are there for me, and just leave those who aren't, behind. 

Shanice:

I am also refusing to make resolutions this year. I dislike the word and the fact that you're supposed to stick to them for a year and make new ones.So I'm making a few adjustments, and aims to make me feel better, and be better person for good. Not just a year.

1) Start appreciating the small things, I've been doing this lately and its making me feel so good, so I'm going to keep it up!
2) I also need to work my backside off and get my grades (hahaha I'll need a miracle.)
3) Improve my self esteem. I will conquer my negative self image, Im absolutely determined.
4) Lose weight and get fitter. Because if you're not happy with something, and you have the opportunity to change it, why not?
5) BLOG MORE. This is somewhere that I am very honest and I love that. I lovelovelove this.
6) Carry on being blunt and upfront, kind, gentle and honest. because I love that aspect of me. I am true to who I am and what I think and I make my feelings very clear. I treat people how they treat me, whether that be kind or unkind and I'm glad I now have the balls to do so.

Are you making New years resolutions this year? Let us know what they are, and your thoughts on ours!
Shabs x 

No comments:

Post a Comment