Monday 1 December 2014

ExcusesExcusesExcuses.

Now we could give a million and one excuses to why we've been away from blogging but the truth is everything got in the way and we didn't prioritise the blog. Which I can assure you makes both of us very sad, as the blog is something that gives us a slice of happiness that is easy to obtain. I feel so much better now than I have in a while purely because I'm sitting here writing this post.

So, do you fancy a bit of a catch-up on our lives? 

Shanice- The last 6 months of my life has been insane, I know it hasn't been that long since we posted, but to be fair I can't remember what I've updated you all on and what I haven't. So, I went through a breakup (which you all knew about) and Abby is amazing. (refer to dedicated friends post), I'm now currently in a very new relationship. Oh and I got a job! (Superdrug incase anyone was wondering) I adore it. So thats the basics. I have changed so much over that period of time that sometimes its scary to think about.
Currently I'm feeling overwhelmed. Growing up is scary as hell. The thought of Abby moving so far away petrifies me! I can't imagine how she's feeling. Everyone is growing up and changing. Change is brilliant but oh lord it is scary, it's scary to think how easy it is that people grow apart, I can't imagine my life without the people in it.
With the down side of me currently out of the way, I can tell you all that I also feel incredible. I have never been more grateful for life as I am now. I am so thankful for everyone who stands by me and puts up with me. I wish they all knew half of how I feel towards them all. I am utterly in love with life!

Abby- I'm in a stage of my life where I'm having to make some serious decisions. And I'm telling you now; I'm one of the most indecisive people so this is proving quite a challenge. After sitting on my bedroom floor with a million and one University prospectuses splayed out around me, I finally decided on my five Unis. As I write this now, I can tell you that my UCAS application has been sent off and I have already received two offers - eek!
Shanice has already said how freaky it is for her, and I can say it is just as bad for me. However, I relish in change. I adore it. However, I am terrified that I won't get the grades to get in. But I just have to work my lil' butt off! Which I am doing.
My dad sat down and told me the other day that 'what will be, will be'. That is something I'm currently trying to accept.
Other than Uni? Well my friendships and family relationships are currently being tested, and I'm the one who is being supported and needing that support. (Shanice is being fab - just saying).
What else? Well, my friend raised £130 for a children's hospice, I've made awesome headway in making everyone's Christmas present and I returned home to find a fence had been built at the weekend.

The honest truth is that between work, college work, and our own issues (like Abby's dreary, non-existant love life) the blog has been put on the back burner. But we are back, and with Christmas well on it's way you can expect more than a couple of festive themed posts.

So, with our deepest apologies,

Shabs x

(Can I (shanice) add a how proud I am of Zoe Sugg with her book Girl Online! The girl deserves everything she is getting, she has worked so hard and has such a positive influence on the online world. Congrats girl!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment